Friday 1 January 2016

Top 10 reads of 2015.

Wait, what's the time? *checks laptop screen because never wears watch* Technically it's the second of January and I am kind of late to the party, but...

Happy New Year, everyone! May 2016 be as awesome as I am.


I do hope everyone started the new year in the way they hoped and obviously alongside either friends of family or maybe both or neither. However anyone wished to do so.

But seeing that now it is 2016, I haven't posted the reads that I enjoyed the most in 2015, right? Then, let us get on with it, shall we?


In a summed up edition of what I liked the most in 2015, here's this picture:


I have to say 2015 was pretty mellow when it came to my enjoyment of books and what also contributed to that fact I think was also uni and personal matters that affected me big time. Nevertheless, I did enjoy enough books and the above pictured are some of those that I rated the highest on goodreads this year.

  • The Mistborn Trilogy: I am taking this particular trilogy as one entry because apart from me squishing more books on the list, I think that I enjoyed the entire trilogy equally. An amazing high fantasy series that is going to rock your world, should you decide to read it, with all those amazing twists and beautiful characters. Also, the Gollancz editions are particularly beautiful.
  • The Rose Society: I read enough reviews claiming that the book wasn't as good as the first, but being a Leo had to disagree and rate this higher than The Young Elites. I loved Adelina in The Rose Society and how ruthless she became and that ending kind of killed me. Can I pre-order the third book already?
  • Addicted After All: I actually read the third installment of Addicted to You this year, but I only have the first in a physical copy as of yet. LiLo are my favourite OTP from this series and this third book had me laughing at one page and sobbing like a two year old in the end. My babies are all grown up. *tears up*
  • The Wrath and the Dawn: A debut novel with diverse characters from the middle-East? Yes, please. Karma-stricken male lead character that on the outside is seemingly ruthless but on the inside is a sad puppy? Yes, please.
  • Vicious: Morally ambiguous characters that have a superhero fetish and want to kill each other brutally. A breath of fresh air to my the-good-guy-always-wins atmosphere.
  • Saga comic book series: Have you even checked the artwork for Saga yet? Please, do so immediately. Do you stories set in space with a variety of races and the most kickass couple you will ever meet and their adorable offspring? Please, check Saga.
  • A Darker Shade of Magic: 4 Londons, a maaaaaaagical jacket and Lila Bard. And maaaaaagic, maaaaaagic everywhere. And a stone that is The One Ring.
  • Scarlet: I actually finished the entire Lunar Chronicles series, but Scarlet still remains my favourite installment. Be it that Wolflet is my OTP, be it that Scarlet was a fiesty thing that tug at my heart's strings, be it that Wolf is a kind of guy I could adore in real life, be it the action scenes, be it Scarlet's relationship with her grandma? Probably everything.
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses: Yes, I am aware that the relationships in this book can be pretty dysfunctional. Yes, I know that the first half might have been boring. Yes, I know Rhys is a bastard. But this was still entertaining, even if Feyre was stupid, and I rate mostly on entertainment. Bring me A Court of Mist and Fury now.
  • Six of Crows: Six of Crows. How do I even begin to describe Six of Crows? Six of Crows was flawless. It had six of the most amazing characters ever and the leader was a ruthless maniac. I hear there was a heist. I hear the story was set in Ketterdam...a little ways of Ravka. There are 3 seious ships. One time there were mentions of a few Grisha characters. Many times it punched in the feels. It was awesome.
  • Honourary mention: The Archived and the Unbound: I was honestly going to include them as well, but I thought two V. Schwab are enough books for now.
There you go. You have now finished reading my favourite reads from 2015, based on entertainment level. Now that 2016 is here to stay, I hope there are more awesome books this year as well. I can almost smell them.

They smell yummy.




2 comments:

  1. We have quite a few books in common on our list, pal. Agree with almost everything. Especially about the ending of The Rose Society. I CAN'T WAIT for the next one.
    And "4 Londons, a maaaaaaagical jacket and Lila Bard. And maaaaaagic, maaaaaagic everywhere." is probably the best description of ADSOM I've read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Maggi. We need that final book and right now we could really do with a cover or just the title. That would be really nice.

      Delete