Wednesday 2 December 2015

The cons of international book shipping when you live in Bumduck, Nowhere, on the outskirts.

*turns on camera*

*adjustes camera so that it shows me*

*takes a deep breath*

It's been 36 days since I was e-mailed that my book was being shipped to me. 36 days and around 7 hours.

But I look around and look around and look around and don't see my beautiful hardcover sitting anywhere near me, at its rightful place.

I am scared.

What if something happened to it and I am still unaware? What if it gets lonely and needs me? What if it gets ripped?

*chokes on own breath* I'm okay. I'm okay.

I don't sleep at nights anymore. I dream with my eyes open that I caress its beautiful spine and hug it close to my chest. My bby.




We have all reached this point in our lives when an order has gone rogue. And usually that happens to that sad lot of us that live in obscure countries and even more obscure cities where we are forced to wait for those things that make us happy and takes us to places far far away.

We are obviously talking about physical copies of our beloved books in this post, because e-books (THANKFULLY) don't seem to have that minor technicality, but we shall talk about e-books and paperbacks on another post, another time.

My personal record, before this last time (that has already reached 36 days), was with my copy of Queen of Shadows, where it took about 1 month and 1-2 days to come to my neighbor's house (!!!), but our neighbors are nice and they gave it to me soon enough.

To be more helpful and specific, I order my physical copies from The Book Depository since I don't have to use math to decide about shipping fees and all those beautiful things. However, another drawback from ordering from that particular site is the fact that I can't trace my order, resulting in me fretting over my long-overdue delivered books.

In days like these, I ask myself what would happen if we had a bookstore that stores English books and not just local? It would probably make my life a lot easier.

But, alas! A reader's life is never dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment